Friday, December 20, 2013

What Heavenly Father Sees in Me

There have been quite a few times in my life that I have wondered why me? What more can I handle and how much longer is this going to last? These questions have made me ponder more deeply and get to know myself a little bit more.

It all started when I was in middle school. I did not feel pretty, I was very shy, I did not like to be the center of attention and I was usually really down. I continued to be that way all through middle school and even high school. I did not see my worth and I did not see what I could become! I always wondered if I had a future and what could lie ahead for me. I doubted my abilities and did not feel like I was capable of doing much.

As I continued to ponder these questions and try to figure them out on my own, I was faced with one of the hardest trials of my life. With the trial I was faced with I had to decide if I was going to turn to the Lord for peace and comfort, or be angry with him and try to do it on my own.

After going to seminary and talking to my teachers I realized that the only person that could help me through what was a nightmare come true in my life was the Lord. For the first time in my life I really started to read my scriptures and pray. I still did not see my worth and I knew I would not for a while, but I was building a relationship with my Heavenly Father.

When I graduated high school I hoped I would be able to forget my trials and move on in life. Find who I was and make a difference in peoples lives.

I went to college and soon figured out that Heavenly Father had more in store for me. There were more trials for me to overcome and more times that I needed to exercise my faith, see who I was going to turn to during times of hardship.

When I was at college that was the first time I had become a little angry with God and was not sure I wanted to turn to him for help. I felt like he had just made me go through  more trials that were the hardest trials to go through! I lost my grandpa (my best friend) the weekend before I was supposed to go through the temple, I had several surgeries and I was not treated the best by people around me. Once again I was very down in my life and had zero self confidence.

After being at my lowest I knew I needed to go on a mission. Once I decided to act on that prompting things did not get easier in life but I knew my life was finally going in the right direction. After many prayers and a lot of faith I am now serving a full time mission, which I never thought I could do. Heavenly Father is showing me things I never saw in myself. I am becoming the person I am meant to be and slowly seeing my worth.

The most important thing I have realized on my mission is I have a Father in Heaven that loves me and knows me. He knows the intent of my heart and is here to help me. He created me and I am beautiful to him. I do not need others to tell me I am beautiful or worth something to see that there is so much worth inside of me.

I am a daughter of God that is sent here to serve Him and become the daughter I am meant to be!




No comments:

Post a Comment